Milan is an Italian city I have such fond memories of, after planning a very fun hen party there for my best friend’s wedding. It’s a place of so much elegance and style, and somewhere I’d love to return to. But since my Milan trip, there have been so many new bar, restaurant and hotel openings; such as the new-for-2022, Portrait Milano.
This blog post has been sponsored by the Lungarno Collection
Opening on the 23rd November 2022, Portrait Milano is part of the Lungarno Collection which includes 5 luxury hotels across Florence, Rome and now Milan. The Lungarno Collection prides itself on Italian personality and hospitality and that’s exactly what you can expect to find in its hotels.
The Portrait Milano; A new 5 star hotel in Milan
The Portrait Milano at a glance
The Portrait Milano is now available to book as a top 5 star hotel in Milan with 73 stunning suites, family suites and rooms. Located in the upscale shopping area of Quadrilatero della Moda (or Quad d’Oro), guests will be surrounded by designer fashion boutiques, fascinating antique shops, museums and high end cafes.
The hotel building has a fascinating history and was one of the oldest Institutes of Theology in Europe. In a quadrangle style, the building offers an oasis of calm, privacy and timeless Italian elegance in the heart of Milan.
Rooms & Suites
All rooms and suites at the Portrait Milano have been designed by Italian Architect Michele Bönan. The design effortlessly combines the influence of Milan’s grand mansions with a more contemporary aesthetic. The hotel is family friendly and a single suite can sleep up to 4 people, with cots also available on request.
All the furnishings have been made in Italy and the bathrooms boast floor-to-ceiling Carrara marble. What’s not to love?
At the Portrait Milano you can find bars and luxury restaurants including Beefbar.
Dining and food is a huge part of Italian hospitality and this is led by Portrait Milano’s Head Chef, Alberto Quadrio. During his international career, Alberto has had the opportunity to work with some of the world’s greatest culinary talents, from Yoshihiro Narisawa and Alain Ducasse to Rasmus Kofoed and Oriol Castro, as well as the leader of Italian cuisine, Gualtiero Marchesi. His style of cooking is described as rich in tradition, fresh and above all, delicious.
Beefbar is an international restaurant brand which was originally founded in Monte Carlo in 2005. The Beefbar menu presents a selection of creative street food, main courses and sides in 3 main categories; beef, reef and leaf.
Things to do in Quadrilatero della Moda, Milan
- Check out the period costumes at the Palazzo Morando Museum
- Marvel at Renaissance-era decorative arts at the Museo Bagatti Valsecchi
- Browse the fashion finds at Antonia Milano, a unisex designer boutique located in a 19th century palace, decorated in marble, bronze & velvet. Antonia will open also a second boutique in December 2022 inside the internal square of Portrait Milano alongside the sustainable jewellery by SO-LE Studio of Mariasole Ferragamo
- Check out the Beefbar Milano located in the Portrait Milano hotel, new for 2022.
- Relax and unwind in the spa at Portrait Milano or take a visit to the new Longevity Suite (opening in 2023).
- Sit in one of the many al fresco cafes with a strong coffee and watch the catwalk of passers-by.
Planning a trip to Italy? Read more of my Italy travel blog posts including